On this episode of John The Mortgage Smith joins Kenneth and Sean about how he built his business in a new market from scratch. John talks about how he poured himself into video marketing to build a brand, how he hired help to increase his business, and how facing adversity drove him to be creative.
“It takes a while for people to know, like and trust you when you are using a video.”– John Smith
Resources Take your mortgage business to the next level. Visit nextlevello.com for more information. Click here to schedule your free no-obligation Next Level Coaching Call: https://nl.nextlevello.com/schedule
What We Learned From This Episode
- You have to look at giving up commission to hire help as an investment and not a loss.
- You have to be willing to put in the time for any marketing strategy to work.
- Creating a brand is the single most important step you can take to become known in your market.
- Creating relationships and creating business goes hand in hand.
Quotes from the episode:
“Once I became consistent with doing video, I just started to be known.”
“I didn’t start doing a video to get a transaction, I did it to build a brand.”
“I wanted to attract business to me instead of having to keep asking people to work with me.”
- Next Level Loan Officers – https://nl.nextlevello.com/top-producer-huddle
- Loan Officer Events – loanofficerevents.com
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/NextLevelLoanOfficers/
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwSyHzkvBri1YWJSH7df1CQ
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/next-level-loan-officers/about/
- Travis Facebook – https://facebook.com/TheMortgageSmith
Text the word: nextlevel to 36260 to download our app
John W. Smith is a 21 year veteran Loan Originator. Rising from the crash of 2008 he created the brand The Mortgage Smith Team, where he was an early implementer of video marketing. His focus was to bring tools, including video marketing, and coaching to real estate agents. As he expanded his brand, he also continued to be a top performing Loan Originator within the company. In 2017 he wrote his book, 25 Effective Strategies for Real Estate Agents. The interest of his book led to more coaching and speaking opportunities, as well as his podcast, Charlotte Real Estate Buzz, where he interviews successful entrepreneurs from various fields.